Tuesday 10 April 2012

Introducing the Quran to Baby...

I started reciting the Quran when I was 21+3 days... on the 31st of March. Had been reading it on and off before but now I am going to inshallah read it everyday, all the way through by the time the baby is due.

The baby can hear from around 3 months and becomes familiarised with the mother's voice, which travels to it as sound waves. So what better to read to it than the calming and tranquil Quran! It is especially nice at Fajr time when it is quiet and there are no distractions!

I also need to learn a dua from Surah al Imran, which Maryam's (r.a) mother made when she was expecting:

Behold! a woman of 'Imran said: 'O my Lord! I do dedicate unto You what is in my womb for Your special service: So accept this of me: For You hear and know all things.'” [3:35]
Another dua I really love from the Quran:
Our Lord! Bestow on us from our spouses and our offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaqun" (25:74)
I hope and pray that our child will have the best in this life and the next and be a coolness to our eyes, ameen.


No comments:

Post a Comment